This past week the first Consumerization of IT in the Enterprise (CITE) Conference and Expo took place in San Francisco. Vendors and the media were heavily represented on the agenda, but I did see a number of "non-technology" organizations scheduled to speak, including Eli Lilly, New York Mellon, NASA, Sesame Workshop, Genworth Financial Wealth Management and Hyatt Hotels. We'll be combing through whatever news and blogs get published post-conference, and bring you all the relevant information in an upcoming post.
Here's what else was in the IT consumerization news in the last two weeks:
March 7: IT departments stand in the way of innovation via STAR survey. New UK-based survey of IT shows a lot of resistance to COIT but benefits as well.
Mobility to have the highest impact on organizations by Tim Spagnola via Recruiting Daily. Latest workforce survey by TEKsystems shows other key areas of impact are COIT, big data and cloud computing.
March 5: Yammer is driving CIOs crazy – and what they can do about it by Tony Byrne via Real Story Group. Employees tend to blur the lines between external social media and internal social networking.
March 4: Facebook and Angry Birds the most blocked apps by Clint Bolton via eWeek. New survey by MDM provider Zenprise looks at banned apps on enterprise mobile devices.
February 29th: Western Union adapts for the future, deals with IT consumerization by John Gallant via CIO. CIO John Dick views IT consumerization as an opportunity to transform the business from transaction-centered to customer-centric.
February 28th: The next governance frontier: social media by Barry Murphy via Forbes. Put the right policies in place upfront and avoid eDiscovery nightmares down the road.
How big data is changing everything by John Jarve and Kevin Brown via Xconomy. Dubbed "Storage 3.0", it is happening now and will change everything.
February 27: Government tablet adoption may triple by 2013 by Joseph Marks via Nextgov. Findings from a MeriTalk survey of federal IT managers.
How to embrace the consumerization of IT, Part II by Daniel Burris via CIO Update. "Opportunity favors the bold", so act now!
February 24: How Mobile, BYOD and younger workers are reinventing IT by Ryan Faas via Computerworld. Good comprehensive summary of all things IT consumerization
NEW from CA Technologies:
- New blog post from Denise Dubie on Why IT should adopt social media strategies here: http://www.serviceassurancedaily.com/2012/02/it-organizations-should-adopt-social-media-strategies/
- New blog post from Lionel Lim continues the discussion on how the Millenials are impacting organizations at http://community.ca.com/blogs/perspectives/archive/2012/02/29/it-s-about-time.aspx
- New Chief and Chuck Cartoon: What the Flash?!?
- David Strom, editor from Read Write Web also covered our cartoon in a recent post about The Value of Flash on the iPad
Latest posts by Anonymous (see all)
- Master of Disguise: A New Chief & Chuck Cartoon - March 27, 2013
- The Work-From-Home Debate Heats Up as Consumer Driven IT Marches On - March 15, 2013
- Discovery: why bother? - March 12, 2013